TAHA is pleased to announce that the Boys’ TAC will be held at the Children's Health StarCenter - Valley Ranch March 12-14, 2021.
OBJECTIVE - The objective of TAC is to evaluate the Affiliate’s top players at their respective positions and age groups (Boys: 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007). Based upon each player’s performance in a series of scrimmages, TAC evaluators will select a limited number of players at each position and within each age group to represent TAHA as follows:
• Rocky Mountain District (RMD) Player Development Camp currently scheduled to be held May 21-23, 2021, in Dallas, TX, for the 2004-2006 age groups.
• Western Regional Multi-District High Performance Camp currently scheduled to be held June 13-18, 2021, in Colorado Springs, CO, for the 2007 age group.
EVALUATORS - Similar to last year, our TAC evaluators will be experienced hockey coaches from outside of the States of Texas and Oklahoma. Our goal is to improve the integrity and consistency of the player evaluation process by eliminating the natural biases that can occur when coaches are evaluating groups of players that include those from their own team and/or association.
TIERED REGISTRATION - The registration process will be the same as in years past. Registration will be open by current 2020-21 playing level until all the slots for a given birth year and position are full. The registration schedule will be as follows and will be open after 6:00am CST of the first date of eligible registration:
• Players currently on Tier I(AAA)/Prep School Rosters – Tuesday, February 16 – Saturday, February 20, 2021.
• Players currently on a Texas Tier II(AA) Roster – Sunday, February 21 – Tuesday, February 23, 2021.
• All Players living in the Affiliate – Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
• Registration will close on Wednesday, March 10, 2021, at 11:59pm CST.
REGISTER: 2021 Texas Affiliate Camp (TAC) - Boys
Registrants are reminded that all data submitted must be accurate, especially the email address.
NOTE: ANY player registering EARLIER than his level of play will not be allowed to participate in TAC this year. It is critical that each Association communicate the process through your coaches and to the parents regarding this procedure.
ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS - Please note that TAC is intended for our top players at each birth year. While the registration process is open, we would request that coaches speak with their players about which players fit this category. In fairness to all those on the ice, if there are players who clearly “don’t belong” with the group they will be cut after the first skate.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS/INFORMATION -
• All registrants must be citizens of the United States.
• Each registrant must have official permanent residence in the State of Texas or Oklahoma.
• All registrants must be members in good financial standing of their respective Association and with USA Hockey.
• Potential participants need be reminded/advised that by registering for TAC, they are also committing (if selected to advance) to attend the District Level Camps as set forth above.
• Players registered for TAC will receive Camp details Monday, March 8, 2021 (COVID protocol, check-in times, assigned teams, etc.).
• 2007 and 2006 registrants may expect to be on the ice as early as 9:00am Friday, March 12, 2021, followed by 2004 and 2005 registrants as early as 11:45am. All on-ice sessions shall be completed by 2:00pm on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
• Players selected to advance to District Camps will be posted on the TAHA website.
• Cost of the camp is $150.
Please feel free to contact me via email if you have any questions.
TAHA - Travel Section President