Due to the concerns surrounding the global outbreak of COVID-19, TAHA held an emergency Executive Board call Monday morning regarding the current state of hockey in Texas and Oklahoma. As you are aware, everything is very fluid and is changing very rapidly.

As of 5:00pm Monday March 16th:

  • TAC is currently postponed until further notice.  There is a Rocky Mountain District conference call on Wednesday evening this week with all Affiliate Presidents & District Directors.  We should have further information at that time.
  • Tryout dates will remain unchanged for the time being.  Depending on the altered facility availability in different areas of the affiliate, we will discuss the possibility of amending those dates once we receive more information.
  • Although this is not a mandate, we strongly encourage associations to refrain from any organized activities until further notice.

Please note, everything is fluid at this unprecedented time. USA Hockey and TAHA are actively working with the CDC, local health and medical professionals and the National Hockey League in determining the best course of action in helping prevent the spread of the virus.

The TAHA Executive Board will continue to monitor the situation and meet as changes occur. Additional postponements and cancellations may become necessary as things evolve. We will continue to keep you informed as the situation changes.


Lucas Reid
Texas Amateur Hockey Association