|Congratulations to the 2022 - Boys TAC participants who will advance to the Multi-District ('08) and Rocky Mountain District ('07, '06 & '05) Player Development Camps! See adjacent document for complete lists and important camp invitation details.||2022 - TAC Boys - Player Development Camp Announcement|
TAHA is pleased to announce that the 2022 Boys’ Texas Affiliate Camp ("TAC") will be held as follows:
Friday, March 18 - Sunday, March 20, 2022
Children's Health StarCenter - Valley Ranch
211 Cowboys Parkway, Irving, TX 75063
2022 - Boys' TAC Schedule
The objective of TAC is to evaluate the Affiliate’s top players at their respective positions and age groups (Boys: 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008). Based upon each player’s performance in a series of scrimmages, TAC evaluators will select a limited number of players at each position and within each age group to represent TAHA as follows:
- Rocky Mountain District (RMD) Player Development Camp currently scheduled to be held May 13-15, 2022, at Children’s Health StarCenter Valley Ranch, Irving, TX, for the 2005, 2006, and 2007 age groups.
- Western Regional Multi-District High Performance Camp currently scheduled to be held June 13-18, 2022, at Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, for the 2008 age group.
Similar to last year, TAC evaluators will be experienced hockey coaches from outside of the States of Texas and Oklahoma. Our goal is to improve the integrity and consistency of the player evaluation process by eliminating the natural biases that can occur when coaches are evaluating groups of players that include those from their own team or association.
Each TAC participant MUST:
- be born in one of the following birth years: 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008.
- BE A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES as at the date of registration.
- have official permanent residence in the State of Texas or the State of Oklahoma.
- be in good standing with his Association and with USA Hockey.
TAC is intended for the TOP players at each birth year. While the registration process is open, we would request that coaches speak with their players about which players fit this category. In fairness to all those on the ice, if there are players who clearly “do not belong” with the group, they will be cut after the first skate.
The registration process will be the same as in years past. TIERED registration will be open by current 2021-22 playing level until all the slots for a given birth year and a given position are full. (update 02_09_22) See below for online registration link with tiered registrations opening, respectively, as follows (all listed times are CST):
- Players currently on a Tier I, AAA, or Prep School roster – 6:00am, Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
- Players currently on a Tier II or AA roster – 12:01am, Sunday, February 27, 2022.
- All other Affiliate players (update 02_11_22 - including DSTHL players on an A roster and all TAHA High School players not on a DSTHL roster) – 12:01am, Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
- Registration will close 11:59pm, Sunday, March 13, 2022.
Upon the first date of registration eligibility as set forth above, each player will follow the instructions to be provided via the online registration link. Registrants are reminded that all data submitted MUST BE ACCURATE – ESPECIALLY the email address. (Online registration will again be offered via third-party service Rocky Mountain Registrar ("RMR"); returning TAC registrants are, therefore, encouraged to locate their RMR member login information beforehand.)
NOTE: ANY player registering EARLIER than his level of play will be disqualified from participating in TAC this year. It is critical that each Association leadership and coaches communicate the tiered process to the parents and players.
- Cost of the camp is $150 (online payment). Registration fees are non-refundable; all payment transactions are final.
- Potential participants need be reminded/advised that by registering for TAC, they are also committing (if selected to advance) to attend the District/Multi-District Level Camps as set forth above.
- Players registered for TAC will receive Camp details by 11:59pm, Monday, March 14, 2022 (COVID protocol, check-in times, assigned teams, etc.).
- 2007 and 2008 –
- Registrants may expect to be on the ice as early as 9:00am, Friday, March 18, 2022, and skate twice on Friday.
- Player selections to the final two teams, which will skate once Saturday and once Sunday, will be posted by 9:00pm, Friday, March 18, 2022.
- 2005 and 2006 –
- Registrants may expect to be on the ice as early as 11:45am, Friday, March 18, 2022, and skate once Friday and once Saturday.
- Player selections to the final two teams, which will skate once Saturday and once Sunday, will be posted by 1:00pm, Saturday, March 19, 2022.
- All on-ice sessions shall be completed by 2:00pm, on Sunday, March 20, 2022.
- Players selected to advance to District/Multi-District Camps will be posted on the TAHA website by 6:00pm, Monday, March 21, 2022.
TAHA - Travel Section President